Water Wise Synthetic Lawn is a smart choice if you do your homework! I have designed and installed thousands of beautiful and successful grass installations. Take some sound advice from a landscape pro:
- Select the proper Landscape Contractor. Success can be won or lost with this first vital step! Verify that your contractor is properly licensed and that his license covers synthetic grass. If he is doing landscape too, he must have a license for landscaping in addition to the grass license. (Requirements vary by state, so check your local contractor’s board or agency first)
- Check out the grass for lead content. Many quality made in the USA grasses are lead free, although I have witnessed some nation wide grass stores and home centers that are still selling the California banned grass in neighboring states. Ask for a copy of the mills product report. Use caution with the cheap Chinese fake grasses being sold online. AND always, always ask for a sample of the grass you selected at the show room or by the salesman- don’t allow the company to switch the grass on you! I see that happening more and more.
- Take steps to control pet odors with Zeolite, or odor system. This really is important to enjoy your yard with your pets!
- Request information on how your grass will be installed. Make sure to ask about the type and depth of base material, type of fastening system (don’t use common box nails…) type of seaming system and type of top dress (sand or rubber balls)
- You should feel confident with the person selling you the grass. They will be in your back yard, around your family and pets for a few days. Do you trust them enough to bring them into your families home? If you have any bad vibes, back up and check the firm out. After your lawn has been installed, sit back and relax, you’ve earned it! Mike is a Landscape Designer in Las Vegas NV. He may be reached at email@example.com